PTF 20E/ER Dual Drum Friability Tester
The PTF 20E and PTF 20ER FriabilityTesters are a dual drum tablet friability testing instrument that is fully compliant to USP <1216> and EP <2.9.7>. Friability testing is a quality control test used to test the durability of tablets during transit. This involves repeatedly dropping a sample of tablets over a fixed time, using a rotating drum with a baffle. The result is inspected for broken tablets, and the percentage of tablet mass lost through chipping is calculated. .
The 20E model is a fixed speed unit that rotates at the USP specificied 25 rpms. It is the most popular unit and can be set to run in time mode (4 minutes) or RPM mode (100 revolutions).
The 20ER model is mainly used in development or non-pharmaceutical applications such as detergents, chemical, plastics, fertilizers, and agriculture where more mechanical stress is needed on the sample. This unit is a variable speed model that can be set to rotate between 20 and 70 rpms. The total testing time can be set up to 9999 seconds and the total number of drum revolutions up to 9999 revolutions.
The PTF 20E/ER come standard with the conventional scooped drum. Other drum options include anti-static coated, the Abrasion drum, or customized wider drums for larger samples. The instrument can also be equipped with the 10° angle for larger tablets 13mm diameter or greater.
- Cost effective
- Visible LED display counts down the test
- Simple push button test start
- Stainless steel housing, durable design
- Double drum instrument maximizes testing efficincies
- Fixed speed, simple operation for manufacturing settings
- Variable speed for develpment and other industrial quality testing applications
- Fully USP <1216> and EP <2.9.7> compliant
- Includes IQOQ documentation and 2 year warranty