PT-TD300 Tapped Density Tester
Tapped Density Testing
The PT-TD300 instrument measures the tapped density or apparent volume of powders, granules and blends according to USP <616> Method I and II and EP <2.9.34-3> Method 1 and 2. Tapped density is achieved by mechanically tapping a measuring cylinder (i.e. raising the cylinder and allowing it to drop a specified distance under its own weight) containing the sample under test. The tapped density in grams per mL can be calculated by dividing the sample weight by the final tapped volume.
The PT-TD300 comes with both 250 ml and 100 ml cylinders and platforms. Optional cylinders include100, 50, 25 and 10ml. The unit automatically detects in which position the cylinder dish is placed and adjusts the speed and tapping height accordingly. It is equipped with a user friendly LCD display. Methods for USP and EP are pre-programmed for a quick test start. The instrument automatically calculates the tapped density, Hausner flowability ratio and Carr compressibility index after each test and documents the results via the integrated protocol printer. The PT-TD300 can be also be connected to a serial or LAN prot for data export/PC connection. An optional Noise Reduction cabinet is also availble.
Please note that the PTTD may also be used for testing to a range of other industrial standards, such as: ASTM B527 (metallic powders), ASTM D4164 (formed catalysts), ASTM D4781 (fine catalysts), ISO 787-11 (pigments), ISO 3953 (metallic powders), ISO 8460 (instant coffee), ISO 8967 (dried milk) and ISO 9161 (uranium oxide powder).
- Fully USP <616>, EP <2.9.34-3>, ASTM and ISO methods
- Fixed or adjustable tap count up to 9999 taps
- Tapping frequency selectable between 250 and 300 taps/minute
- Easy to navigate menu guided operation
- Selectable User access rights
- Automated detection of cylinder position and adjustment of correct tapping speed and height
- Stainless Steel housing with durable electronics
- Intergated printer for report generation with time/date stamp and user signature
- Includes IQOQ documentation and 2 year warranty