SPT-6 Suppository Penetration Tester
The SPT-6 Suppository Penetration Tester is used to determine the softening time of vaginal and anal suppossitories according to EP <220.127.116.11>. This monograph descrobes the method in which 6 samples are placed in glass tubes filled with 10ml of water heated to 36.5 ± 0.5°C. Testing rods are inserted at the top of each sample tube and the test is started. When the test rod touches the glass tube bottom, the softening/penetration time is note or recorded.
The SPT-6 Apparatus is placed in either the PharmaTest PTZ S Disintegration Tester or the PTZ AUTO 1EZ. If using the PTZ S, the penetrtion time is recored manually by the usser. If using the PTZ AUTOEZ, the peneration time can de detected automatically and a full report can be printed.
- Compliant to EP <18.104.22.168> Apparatus A for Suppossitory Testing
- Test six samples at the same time
- Cost effective manual version with the PTZ-S or complete automated detection with the PTZAutoEZ
- Round, clear-view waterbath for excellent visibility of all samples
- Includes IQOQ documentation and 2 year warranty