PTLT Leak Test Apparatus
The Pharma Test PT-LT is used to test for the integrity of packed strips, aluminum blister packs, pouches, sachets, bottles and other packaged pharmaceuticals, supplements and food related products. It can be used to test the quality of
the packaging process as well as check that the seals enclosing the product are perfectly intact.
Samples are placed into the desiccator’s housing and the lid is placed in position. The pump starts to produce a vacuum inside the desiccator and the sample is held for a pre-set time. After the test, the tested package should keep its shape indicating a good seal. It is also possible to use a colored dye solution (normally Methylene Blue). If there are any holes in the seal, the dye penetrates the contents of the packaging.
- Test the integrity of a variety of packaging products
- Large display shows test status including vacuum and test time
- Enter all test parameters such as date, time, user ID and sample ID
- Built-in rugged, oil-free vacuum pump
- Compliance with USP <1146> Packaging Practice for Solid Oral Dose
- Generate a printout test report with time/date stamp, user signature
- Includes IQ/OQ documentation with 2 year warranty